Events and festivals are important contributors to Tasmania’s visitor economy. They enhance the state’s culturally vibrant brand and often provide a trigger for visitation.
Tourism Tasmania recognises the significant value of events and festivals in promoting Tasmania as a travel destination and driving visitation to the state.
For information on how to promote your event see our Event and Festival Resource Guide [PDF, 580.88 KB]
Tourism Tasmania work with events to help promote Tasmania and reinforce the state’s destination appeal, provide reasons to visit and encourage regional dispersal of visitors.
Tourism Tasmania invites proposals for event partnerships. Whether a large or small event, new or already well-established, we are keen to hear from you.
To submit an event partnership proposal, please review the below criteria and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Describe your event and your target audience/customer.
- Are you applying for funding from other government agencies? Please describe.
- What kind of support are you looking for from Tourism Tasmania? In-kind, or financial?
- What are your current marketing channels? How are you reaching your audience?
- Where does your event take place and are there opportunities to encourage visitors to travel to and stay in regional Tasmania?
- Is there an opportunity to acquire shared content?
Once your proposal is received our partnerships team will review your application and will be in touch within 2-3 weeks.
Tourism Tasmania works with Events Tasmania to support events that celebrate all that is unique about Tasmania. Events Tasmania aims to build and sustain a strong events sector, promote investment and support for the sector, and maximise the return on investment in events funded by the state government through its funding and development programs.