New Zealand - Come Down For Air
Tourism Tasmania has launched its latest marketing campaign in New Zealand, inviting our Kiwi neighbours to Come Down for Air.
The impact on the Tasmanian tourism industry from COVID-19 has been significant and the campaign in New Zealand is part of a program of activity to rebuild visitation to the state and support industry recovery. As New Zealanders consider their future holiday plans, the campaign will provide Kiwis looking for new and safe destinations to travel with a better understanding of the broad range of experiences they can enjoy in Tasmania.
Research suggests that whilst New Zealanders see many similarities between Tasmania and their homeland, they are curious to meet our wildlife, experience our history and heritage, walk our tracks and enjoy our food and beverage.
The integrated campaign is designed to create strong consumer awareness and understanding of what Tasmania has to offer, in what is expected to be a competitive travel market.
The campaign will also help prepare the market for direct flights between the two destinations with airline negotiations and associated arrangements progressing well and close to finalisation, making it quicker and easier for New Zealanders to visit Tasmania.
- Brand launch with a 36 hour mass media takeover in Auckland focussing on impact and cut-through. Channels include TV, print, digital and outdoor.
- Awareness and education phase to change the perception of Tasmania as a holiday destination. Channels include TV, outdoor, print, broadcast video on demand, digital, content, cinema, social media and search engine marketing.
- Social media and conversion activity to encourage New Zealanders to plan and book their next holiday in Tasmania.
- Tourism Tasmania will also contribute to Tourism Australia activity including content, broadcast and travel trade familiarisation.
A dedicated microsite has been developed www.discovertasmania.com.au/nz
Working with industry
Here are a few ways that tourism operators can get involved in this campaign:
- Ensure your ATDW listing is up to date
- Register your product or experience with key New Zealand distribution partners such as House of Travel, Helloworld or Flight Centre
- Target Kiwi’s via your own social media channels
- Stay informed and subscribe to Tourism Talk (Tourism Tasmania’s electronic newsletter)
- Get involved with your regional tourism organisation. If you are a tourism industry operator, being involved with your regional tourism organisation is really important. We work with them closely and they are an important connection point with us.