New Zealand Mission 2021
Expressions of interest now closed
The Tasmanian Government will lead a tourism and trade mission to New Zealand in September 2021 as part of its plan to grow and diversify opportunities across the globe.
Tasmania’s delegation will be led by our tourism and trade Ministers with support from Tourism Tasmania and the Department of State Growth.
Tourism Tasmania is inviting members of Tasmania’s tourism industry to participate in the New Zealand Mission 2021 (NZ21). The mission is a great opportunity to build upon existing relationships, increase awareness and secure business with key New Zealand travel partners.
Businesses who are currently active in or actively pursuing the New Zealand market are encouraged to express interest in attending.
Tourism Tasmania’s primary objectives of NZ21 are to:
- Build on relationships with key tourism industry partners, retail travel trade, product and/or operation managers.
- Educate, excite and motivate travel trade partners to include more Tasmanian tourism products in their inventory and encourage stronger conversion with their clients.
- Monday 27 September - Tourism trade B2B and networking event (evening)
- Tuesday 28 September - media event (morning) – to be confirmed
- Tuesday 28 September - combined event with tourism and other Tasmanian Government trade delegates (afternoon or evening) – to be confirmed
Note: the mission dates have been arranged to enable travel on the direct Hobart and Auckland flights on the 26 and 30 of September.
Expression of Interest details - now closed
Tasmanian businesses interested in being part of the mission are required to submit an EOI.
Further information and final costs will be provided to businesses successful through the EOI process and provided an opportunity to consider the offer prior to confirming their participation.
Applications closed COB Friday 16 July, 2021.
Submission of an EOI does not guarantee a place on the mission.
For further information, please contact Annabelle Sweetman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tasmanian based tourism business.
- Listed on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW).
- Open to activating immediate business opportunities with NZ travel trade partners.
- Business has established relationships with NZ trade, and/or has a presence in itineraries being packaged in the market with a major NZ wholesaler or retail travel partners in New Zealand.
- The business can demonstrate experience in handling bookings from international visitors, with rates, policies and procedures in place.
- Business has the ability to be booked and commission paid at the appropriate international levels (between 20-30%); and
- Business has own website or the product or service is available by an alternative distribution channel.
Spaces are limited. Tourism Tasmania will review all EOIs with the final selection of products considered on their ability to meet the eligibility criteria, their suitability for the New Zealand market and to ensure a balance of Tasmanian products are represented.
The event participation fees will be advised if your EOI is successful. It is expected that at a minimum you will be expected to cover your own airfares and accommodation expenses.
Financial assistance is available to eligible Tasmanian-based small and medium-sized enterprises for the purpose of developing new national and international markets.
The Austrade administered Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) scheme is a key Australian Government financial assistance program for aspiring and current exporters. The scheme supports a wide range of industry sectors and products, including and of particular note, inbound tourism.
For more information on the EMDG program please refer to the Austrade website or contact 13 28 78.
Submit your expression of interest
Expressions of interest for the New Zealand tourism and trade mission are now closed.