Get involved in Tourism Tasmania activity
Make Yourself At Home campaign
Make Yourself At Home is a campaign developed by Tourism Tasmania to encourage Tasmanians to holiday at home safely, and support the local tourism industry while traditional interstate and international markets are not available.
An overview of the Make Yourself at Home media plan[50kb PDF] is available to provide businesses with visibility of the timing of upcoming media to so that they can plan their own advertising at similar times across television, radio and in press. The media plan provided is for the planned media activity from now until the end of January. Please note, this is an indicative plan only and may be subject to change. Decisions around your own advertising are at you own discretion.
Welcome Back campaign
The Welcome Back campaign aims to show Tasmanians that their local café, restaurant, pub, club or venue is the perfect place to relax and catch up with friends and family in safe, familiar surroundings. It has been developed by Tourism Tasmania in collaboration with the Tasmanian Hospitality Association, to support all hospitality operators in Tasmania.
Our demand priorities
Tourism Tasmania will focus on supporting the rebuild of Tasmania’s visitor economy and ensure demand for travel to the state supports our efforts to restore important air and sea access to Tasmania.
- Encourage Tasmanians to explore our state and support our local tourism and hospitality businesses: Make Yourself at Home is now live encouraging Tasmanians to travel around their own backyard and explore for day trips, weekends and longer periods. Welcome Back is also in market to encourage Tasmanians to get out support their local hospitality venues.
- Increase our presence in the domestic marketplace: The first phase of our interstate marketing program has commenced to continue building interest in our state prior to the borders reopening. Phases two and three will be implemented from mid-October to evolve our brand and content and drive conversion.
- New Zealand campaign: Tourism Tasmania will be promoting the state in New Zealand from in early 2021 to drive awareness and entice New Zealanders to holiday in Tasmania to experience everything the state has to offer.
- Tasmania as a world leading road trip destination: Our state is the perfect touring destination and this style of travel will be seen more than ever as a safe travel option. We know these travellers stay longer and spend more in regional communities and our touring strategy will position the state as a premier destination in the mind of these consumers. The five Tasmanian Drive Journeys will be launched to the intrastate market in October.
- Unordinary Adventures: Our Unordinary Adventures program will continue to promote the state and target travellers who are passionate about walking, golf, fly fishing and mountain biking to pursue their passion by holidaying in Tasmania.
Tourism Tasmania has produced TasTalk...the Movie, to keep Tasmania top of mind with the travel trade and keep travel sellers connected with the state so they can share their knowledge with clients when it’s safe to visit again.
TasTalk...the Movie is a trade training initiative that will be used on an ongoing basis to promote Tasmania to travel trade in Tourism Tasmania’s domestic and global target markets. It is available to view on YouTube if you are interested in learning about other tourism products and experiences in your region.