- AFAR's Top 10 Destinations on 2016 Travel List: #4 Tasmania
- TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards: Hobart #5 Destinations on the Rise - South Pacific category
- TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards: Tasmania #5 in South Pacific region
- Condé Nast Traveller's Readers Choice Awards 2015: Tasmania awarded 10th in the Top 30 Islands in the World, Bruny Island awarded 5th in Australia's Most Beautiful Islands and Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge voted 11th in the Top 25 resorts in Australia & South Pacific
- Travel+ China Travel Magazine: Tasmania named as Best Travel Destination 2015
- Stayz Holiday Rental Awards: National winner indulgence - The Ocean Retreat, National winner romance - Thalia Haven
- LonelyPlanet’s Ultimate Travelist Best 500 places in the world: #20 - MONA, #32 - Cradle Mountain, #416 - Port Arthur
- Wine Spectator's Restaurant Wine List Awards: Best of Award of Excellence - The Source Restaurant
- Travel + Leisure World's Best Awards: Tasmania named as best island in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, and fourth among the world's top ten islands
- Lonely Planet ranked Tasmania as second "Most family-friendly travel destination in Australia"
- Luxury Travel Magazine Gold List 2015: Best Australian Boutique Property, Villa or Lodge - Saffire Freycinet
- Condé Nast Traveller's Hot List 2015: Pumphouse Point
- Jetsetter Hotel Food Awards: Favourite place to fish or forage your own meal - Saffire Freycinet
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Australian Tourism Legend - Rob Pennicott
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism - Pennicott Wilderness Journeys
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Best New Tourism Development - Tasmanian Seafood Seduction
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Regional Tourist Attraction and EcoTourism Business - Bruny Island Cruises
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Education and Training - Kingthing Marketing
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Major Tour and Transport Operators - Par Avion Wilderness Tours
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Business Events - Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Major Tourist Attraction and Heritage Tourism - Port Arthur Historic Site
- World Whisky Awards: Best Australian Single Malt - Sullivans Cove French Oak Cask; Hall of Fame - Bill Lark
- TripAdvisor 2015 Travellers' Choice: Australia's top luxury hotel - Saffire Freycinet
- Harper's Bazaar named Satellite Island the second-best private island on the planet
- Elite Daily named Coles Bay & Freycinet National Park in their 50 Unpredictable and non-clichéd places to travel in your 20's
- Australian Traveller Readers' Choice Awards: Best Food Region - Tamar Valley; Prettiest State - Tasmania; Dream Destination 2015 - Tasmania
- Forbes Life named Tasmania in the 10 coolest places to visit in 2015
- World Boutique Hotel Awards: Best boutique hotel in the world - Saffire Freycinet
- Condé Nast Traveller's Readers Choice Awards 2014: Tasmania awarded 11th in the Top 30 Islands in the World
- Lonely Planet ranked Tasmania at number 4 in the world's 'Top 10 Regions to Visit in 2015'
- AHA National Awards: Best Superior Accommodation Award: Islington Hotel
- AHA National Awards: Best Restaurant (Accommodation Division) - Henry's Restaurant Henry Jones Art Hotel
- Andrew Harper Grand Awards 2014: Top 10 Gastronomic Highlights - Freycinet Marine Farm Experience
- Andrew Harper Grand Awards 2014: Special Recognition Awards Experiences Most Memorable Hike - Wineglass Bay
- The Australian Traveller's list: 100 things to do before you die - Number 4 Walk along the East Coast's Wineglass Bay beach
- Telstra National Business Awards: Small Business Award - Lark Distillery
- CNN - Summer Travel: World's 100 best beaches - Number 7 Wingelass Bay
- The Lux Traveller: The Best Resort in Australia - Saffire Freycinet
- Australian Gourmet Traveller 2014 Australian Hotel Guide: Islington Hotel, MONA Pavilions and Henry Jones Art Hotel listed in top 50 hotels; Saffire listed as one of the Leading Lodges and Resorts; Avalon City Retreat listed as one of the Most Unique Places to Stay; Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge listed as one of the Most Sumptuous Spas
- National Geographic Traveler Magazine: 50 Tours of a Lifetime - Tasmanian Expeditions 'Cycle, Kayak and Walk Tasmania'
- International Whisky Competition: Best World Whisky and Best Cask Strength Whisky - Lark Distillery
- Luxury Travel Magazine: Best Australian Boutique Property Villa or Lodge - Saffire Freycinet; Best Australian Golf Resort - Barnbougle Dunes
- Australian Traveller Magazine: Number 1 road trip in Australia - East Coast Escape (also named number 2 overall best holiday in the country)
- World Whisky Awards: World's Best Single Malt Whisky - Sullivans Cove French Oak Cask
- Lonely Planet: Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge listed as one of the top 10 extraordinary places in the world to stay
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Ecotourism - Bruny Island Cruises
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Major Tour and/or Transport Operators - Spirit of Tasmania
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Excellence in Sustainable Tourism - Pennicott Wilderness Journeys
- Australian Gourmet Traveller Magazine: Best Weekend Away - Hobart; Best City Boutique Accommodation - Islington Hotel; Best Cultural Attraction and Standout Australian Travel Experience - MONA; Best Resort or Lodge - Saffire Freycinet
- Outside Magazine: Best River Trip - Franklin River
- Australian Traveller Readers' Choice Awards: Best Luxe Hotel - Saffire Freycinet
- Boutique Hotel Awards: Best Boutique Hotel in Australasia - Saffire Freycinet; Culinary Excellence - Saffire Freycinet
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Excellence in Sustainable Tourism - Pennicott Wilderness Adventures
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Unique Accommodation - Rocky Hills Retreat
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Adventure Tourism - The Maria Island Walk
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Ecotourisrm - Bruny Island Cruises
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Tourist Attraction - Bruny Island Cruises
- Lonely Planet named Hobart one of the world's 'Top 10 Cities to Visit in 2013'
- Conde Nast Travellers' Awards - Saffire Freycinet Resort awarded second in Best Overseas Leisure Resorts in Australia and South Pacific and named Australia's highest ranking destination
- Conde Nast Travellers' Readers' Choice award: Hobart awarded second friendliest city in the world
- TripAdvisor: Hobart awarded one of the world's top ten "Destinations on the Rise"
- Australian Traveller Magazine Readers' Choice Awards crowned Tasmania's Overland Track the best adventure holiday destination in Australia
- Australian Gourmet Traveller Magazine: Best Adventure Tourism - Cradle Mountain Huts; Best New Hotel, Resort or Lodge - Saffire Freycinet; Standout Australian Travel Experience - MONA
- National Geographic Magazine: 20 Best Trips of 2011 - Tasmania
- World Architecture News: Saffire Freycinet Resort - International Hotel of the Year
- Lonely Planet: West Coast Tasmania listed as one of the top 10 cycling routes in the world
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Luxury Accommodation - Saffire Freycinet
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards New Tourism Development - Museum of Old and New Art (MONA)
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Adventure Tourism - Maria Island Walk
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Deluxe Accommodation - Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Conde Nast Traveller (US) 2010 Gold List – Henry Jones Art Hotel. Named the Top Hotel (out of six hotels) in Australia
- Australian Traveller, 100 Greatest Australian Gourmet Experiences Top Gourmet Experience – The Agrarian Kitchen
- Lonely Planet named Bay of Fires the world's "hottest" travel destination for 2009
- The combined readership of all seven international editions of Travel + Leisure magazine has named Tasmania the number one island in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, in its 2009 World’s Best Awards. The prestigious accolade from the world’s highest circulating travel title confirms Tasmania is a world-class visitor destination, ranking it ahead of Queensland’s Great Barrier Reef islands and Tahiti’s Moorea.
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards 2009 - Ecotourism Award – Bruny Island Cruises
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards 2009 - Tourism Marketing Award – Pure Tasmania
- Qantas Australian Tourism Awards 2009 - Deluxe Accommodation Award – Avalon Coastal Retreat
- The Australian Travel and Tourism Awards 2009 - Best Eco-Wilderness Experience – Maria Island Walk
- The Australian Travel and Tourism Awards 2009 - Best Heritage Tourism – Port Arthur
- Leading North American magazine Travel + Leisure, in its World’s Best Awards for 2008, has named Tasmania number one Island in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. The magazine put Tasmania ahead of Bora Bora, the Great Barrier Reef, Tahiti’s Moorea, and the Fiji Islands. Tasmania also featured in the list of World’s Best Islands, impressively entering the top ten list this year at number five.
- Hobart polled in number five position in Travel + Leisure Magazine's World’s Best Awards for 2008, appearing on the list of top cities in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
- The top-selling Japanese edition of Elle magazine devoted a double-page spread to Tasmania in its “110 World Spa Guide”.
- The Islington Hotel was named Australia’s Best Boutique Hotel and the Maria Island Walk was awarded the Nation’s Best Eco-Tourism Experience by a panel of knowledgeable writers, editors, authors and television presenters in the inaugural Australian Gourmet Traveller 2007 Travel Awards.
- TTF Australia - the country's peak industry group for the tourism, transport and infrastructure sectors – recognised Tourism Tasmania 's innovative partnership with cartoon giant Warner Bros. Tourism Tasmania won the Excellence in Partnership category, rewarding organisations for innovation in partnerships as part of the Tourism and Transport Forum of Australia's Corporate Leadership Awards.
- Tasmanian operated World Expeditions Franklin River Rafting was listed as one of the world's 50 Tours of a Lifetime in the top-selling North American magazine National Geographic Traveler.
- Tourism Tasmania 's North American travel agent training program was voted the Best Australian Program for the fifth consecutive year by North American travel agents.
- National Geographic Traveler magazine rated the four-day Maria Island Walk the next great island walk in its 2006 list of The 30 Next Great Places To Visit. The walk also topped a recent list on the News Ltd website as one of the most beautiful islands in Australia
- The drive from Hobart to Strahan was listed as one of Australia 's iconic drives by Australian Traveller magazine.
- Tourism Tasmania was named Best Tourist Office - National at the 2006 National Travel Industry Awards.
- Tasmania was named No.1 Island in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific in leading Americanican travel magazine Travel + Leisure's 2006 World's Best Awards. Tasmania took out the regional title ahead of the Great Barrier Reef islands and Bora Bora.
- Staff of Frommer’s travel guides named Tasmania’s Wineglass Bay one of their favourite beaches in the world. Wineglass Bay was the only Australian beach among the nine beaches named by Frommer’s.
- Tasmania’s Avalon Coastal Retreat at Great Oyster Bay has been listed in Travel + Leisure (US) 2006 list of the World’s Next Great Beach Resorts. According to Travel + Leisure, ‘The east coast of Tasmania has been a well-kept Aussie secret for some time – and for good reason.
- Hobart’s Henry Jones Art Hotel won the Australian Tourism Award for New Tourism Development, 2005. The hotel has won a number of major awards since opening in 2004, including the Australian Hotel Associations Award for Excellence – Best Overall Hotel in Australia, 2005. In the same year Condé Nast Traveler named the Henry Jones Art Hotel as one of the best new hotels in the world.
- Tourism Tasmania’s travel wholesale arm, Tasmania’s Temptations Holidays, was named Best Wholesaler - National at the National Travel Industry Awards for Excellence 2005. The award, presented by the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA), recognises excellence in staff development and training, sales and marketing, and customer service.
- Tasmania’s Bay of Fires was named the second most beautiful beach in the world by leading travel magazine Conde Nast Traveller - United Kingdom, June 2005 Issue. Listed only behind Anse Du Grand Colombier in St Barts (French West Indies), the Bay of Fires trumped beaches in Greece, Mexico, Thailand and Brazil in the Top 12 List.
- Tasmania was ranked third in the world by an independent panel of more than 200 specialists in sustainable tourism and destination quality, surveyed by National Geographic Traveler magazine in conjunction with Leeds Metropolitan University in England.
- Tasmania was named as one of four hot spots for travel in 2004 by the Association of British Travel Agents, alongside New Zealand, Croatia and Bulgaria. ABTA is Britain’s leading travel trade association, representing more than 90 per cent of the UK travel industry.
- Tourism Tasmania scooped two coveted gold awards from the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) for Tourism Tasmania’s international marketing campaign, and its travel media website.
- Tourism Tasmania was voted the number one tourism office servicing Australia at the 10th annual National Travel Industry Awards for excellence and achievement in the Australian travel industry. Travel consultants and agency managers from around Australia voted Tourism Tasmania the Tourist Office of the Year in the NTIA Awards.
- Readers of North America’s top-selling holiday magazine Travel + Leisure voted Tasmania the best island in Australia, New Zealand the South Pacific – a gong that ultimately ranked Tasmania as the second most popular island destination in the world.
- Readers of Conde Nast Traveler Magazine have voted Tasmania the world's friendliest island in the magazine's annual Readers' Choice Awards of 2001. This is the third year running that the State has received a significant accolade from the prestigious North American travel magazine.
- Tasmania was described as one of the major global hot spots of 2001 by a major travel magazine. Tasmania ranked third in the top 11 future travel destinations as part of Travel and Leisure's list of 100 Fabulous Places (and things) for 2001.
- Tasmania was voted the best temperate island by the world's largest travel magazine for the second year running. United States readers of Conde Nast Traveler* ranked Tasmania and tropical island Maui the world's best holiday islands as part of the Readers Choice Awards.
- A Tasmanian adventure holiday has been included in an international list of 100 great trips for the 21st century. North America's top-selling holiday magazine, Travel and Leisure, in their January 2000 edition, nominated Asia Transpacific Journeys' 13-day Discover Tasmania tour in their Adventure (safaris and treks) section.
- Tasmania has been ranked second in a list of the world's 10 best-value islands for the second consecutive year. Readers of North America's top-selling holiday magazine, Travel and Leisure have again placed Tasmania behind only the Great Barrier Reef and ahead of islands such as Bali, Phuket, Sicily, Maui and Crete, as a value-for-money destination.
- Tasmania has been voted the best temperate island by the world's largest travel magazine. United States subscribers of Conde Nast Traveler ranked Tasmania and tropical island Maui the world's best holiday islands as part of the Reader Choice Awards.
- One of North America's biggest-selling newspapers, The Chicago Tribune, has named Strahan on Tasmania's West Coast as the Best Little Town in the World.
- Wineglass Bay on Tasmania's East Coast has been ranked among the world's top beaches. The spectacular coastal strip fringing Freycinet National Park, was one of five Australian beaches to make the top 50 list compiled by the daily British broadsheet, The Independent.
- The prestigious magazine Outside rated Wineglass Bay in the world's top 10 beaches.
Back to Accolades